Organisation : Tudoholic
Category : IT / Social Media / Instagram Manager
Job Type : Contract
Job Level : Entry
Salary : Negotiable
Experience : Any years
- Bachelor's degree in any subject
The Instagram Manager will implement the company’s Social Media marketing. Administration includes content strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and cultivate leads and sales. The Instagram Manager is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for designing and implementing the Company’s content strategy, creating relevant content, blogging, community participation and leadership. This position is full time salaried with benefits, including attendance at Social Media, blogging and industry-specific conferences.
The following seven marketing components are the roadmap to success and are the responsibilities of the Instagram manager.
1. Clear Objectives
Set realistic goals. It isn’t enough to say you “see” results, they must tie back to your objectives. You’ll never know Social Media ROI without first setting objectives. For example, at Tudoholic, we use five objectives for Insta marketing:
Growth of Likes
2. Great Design
Visual content has a lasting effect on us humans. Whether it’s our status updates, our landing pages or our Facebook ads, what the audience sees is what they’ll remember. Make sure it’s consistent, compelling and gets your point across.
3. Solid Content Strategy
What you post on your Social channels is the foundation for all your other Social Media marketing. The Social Media manager must perform a “Brand Discovery”, which outlines what it is about your business that makes it unique. This includes your core values and beliefs, and the reasons people want to buy from YOU. The answers should be in-depth and detailed.
The second part of your “Brand Discovery” describes your ideal customers. What are their interests, what problems can you solve, where do they spend their time, and how can you help them? Quality information that’s relevant to your ideal customers attracts them and sets your Social marketing up for the next steps.
4. Promotion Strategy
You need to continually grow your fan base. Social advertising is a very valuable tool to get your message heard. However, Social ads don’t look like the ads you’re used to seeing. They differ in content, placement and targeting. The best way to grow your Facebook page is to utilize Facebook Ads. A small budget with carefully selected photos and ad copy (with a clear call-to-action) will increase likes and foster engagement.
5. Engagement Strategy
Your Social Media manager should listen, respond, ask questions and engage with your audience. There should be careful consideration on how he/she responds to organic (non-paid) leads. People will ask questions and the Social Media manager should have knowledge and/or experience of the sales process to respond correctly. If a lead asks a question, answer it and follow it with a question back to them.
6. Conversion Strategy
With growth and engagement strategies in place, the Social Media manager’s job is to convert fans/followers into customers. The more advanced form of Facebook marketing utilizes Facebook ads and optimized landing pages to capture leads and convert them into sales. I’ve found most dealerships and other businesses need advice and support with conversion strategy. Find the right person to advise you so you get where you want to go faster, more cost-effectively and achieve the best results.
7. Measure & Analyze to establish ROI
Measure results on a weekly basis. As mentioned earlier, your results must tie back to your objectives. Factor in your time, effort and budget to determine if your efforts succeeded.
Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- It’s important to mention that qualified, savvy Social Media managers do not grow on trees. They’re the voice of your company and should be included in all matters which are customer-facing. With most every business needing to develop their online presence in order to participate in the consumer buying process, it’s in your best interests to hire the best and track their progress. Your online reputation and future sales depend on it!